[governance] who owns the new gTLDs?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Mar 4 20:41:27 EST 2013

Is there actual market demand at all? The vast majority are just
corporations doing protective registration of their brand names and
some speculation.

I have not seen very many that are community driven though those too exist.

In which case, my comparison of domaining to the tulip bubble holds
good here. http://www.circleid.com/posts/domain_name_portfolios_worth/

--srs (htc one x)