[governance] who owns the new gTLDs?

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Mon Mar 4 17:41:03 EST 2013

Le 04/03/13 23:09, McTim a écrit :
> ICANN has a very narrow remit.  Asking them to police where
> corporations are housed is well out of scope.
Dear McTimand Alejandro,
I never wrote that I asked ICANN to police anyone.
Alejandro, you had better not to approve so quickly a biased answer ;-)

I only wrote that I asked questions to ICANN managers to get their opinion.
About a big national and international problem, in those times of crisis.
The OECD is stuying the question of tax heavens, and also the EU.
The American middle classes must know why they pay a so expensive price.
The Internet ecosystem isn't outside of the world!

You will read soon what Fadi Chehadé answered. Not exactly what you say
both of you.

BTW, have a look, please on the letter Mr Stricking, NTIA, sent to ICANN:
http://news.dot-nxt.com/sites/news.dot-nxt.com/files/ntia-icann-pic.pdf

He supports ICANN initiative that included a *public interest
commitment* in the new registry contract.
NTIA asks ICANN to fulfill /"the need //for//commitment to be binding
and enforceable."//
/Well.
And now, what is the content of public interest?
/"The fight against couterfeiting and piracy."/

A bit larger than the theft of the plans for a new fighter plane...
But not anything about contributing schools, hospitals, roads, security
forces etc.
A strange ideaof public interest, isn't it?

@+, cheers,

--
Dominique Lacroix
http://reseaux.blog.lemonde.fr