[governance] who owns the new gTLDs?

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon Mar 4 17:28:25 EST 2013

If I may express a separate but related frustration....tying back to prior discussion on taxes, and tax havens.

 US companies that earn profits overseas often are reluctant to repatriate the profits to the US, instead leaving the $ parked offshore.

Most of the big US tech companies have such cash stockpiles; which is a tad frustrating to US entrepreneurs suggesting new opportunities to them.

So....it seems that some found a use for some of that cash, ie paying gtld filing fees.

Playing the GTLD lottery beats paying taxes, I guess must be their CFO's thinking. Sigh.

Lee