[governance] who owns the new gTLDs?

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Mon Mar 4 16:41:21 EST 2013

Le 04/03/13 22:31, McTim a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Dominique Lacroix <dl at panamo.eu> wrote:
>> Dear Sala,
>>
>> Thanks Carlos for the mention. Yes, I distributed a paper leaflet to some
>> friends in Paris, during the WSIS.
>> The demonstration is clear.
>> Two journal articles are going to be published. Please, just wait a few
>> days.
>> I asked the question about tax heavens to Fadi Chehadé in Paris, and to 3
>> members of ICANN board/GNSO.
>>
>> Why would you have any reasonable expectation that ICANN would have
>> anything to do with this issue?
Absolutely right. ICANN has not anything to do with public interest.

> ICANN must have a fair, open and transparent application process for
> new TLDs.  They can't discriminate against folks who decide to
> incorporate in a specific location!!  Can you imagine the litigation
> if they did?
>
> Is anyone even surprised by these numbers?
These numbers also demonstrate two failings of the TLDs program:
- outreach,
- developping countries.
The same conclusions as Emily Taylor, the EURID speaker at WSIS+10.
Now, the only thing we can do is to change our way of speaking:
Don't tell "the Internet". Tell "the American Internet".
The other Internets will appear very soon with such behaviours...

@+, cheers,

--
Dominique Lacroix
http://reseaux.blog.lemonde.fr