[governance] Report from the IGF Open Consultations in Paris

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Mar 2 07:51:28 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the write-up.

Personally, I think getting the input from further consultation and workshop suggestions, and allowing the theme to emerge from the  input is a marvelous idea.

It also allows the outgoing MAG to have suggested directions based on consultations and looking back while the incoming MAG to realize and voice the bottom-up derived themes and not be stuck with a done deal.

I would also like to point out that though the 2nd day's meeting was a MAG meting, the rest of us were able to attend and even to comment at various points.  I think this is a great improvement over the days when the MAG meetings were close enclaves.

avri