[governance] Ley de Comunicación de Ecuador

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:13:34 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am not sure if folks had the time to review this, but this brings up a
lot of the same discussions we had in Brazil and in the recent Human Rights
reports.

It deals with freedom of expression and privacy online, and also ISP
liability (see e.g article 20 and 21), all under the umbrella of
"Communications".

It also updates the right of privacy regarding private communications  in
article 31, which also asks for court order in cases of surveillance during
investigations....

Anyway, it deserves some attention regarding regulation trends in latin
America.

Carolina

2013/6/16 Carlos Vera Quintana <cveraq at gmail.com>

> Para su análisis y comentarios la nueva ley de comunicación del Ecuador
>
> @el_telegrafo publica en impreso y en línea la Ley de Comunicación. Para
> enterarnos de nuestros derechos!
>

> http://www.telegrafo.com.ec/images/eltelegrafo/Actualidad/2013/14-06-13-texto-final-proyecto-ley-comunicacion.pdf
>
> Carlos Vera