[governance] {S} International civil society letter to Congress to follow up from HRC statement

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Jun 13 15:50:32 EDT 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

There's ongoing work to create an international civil society letter to
US Congress to follow up from the HRC statement.

The BestBits list has been advertised as the primary locus for these
discussions, http://lists.bestbits.net/wws/info/bestbits

The draft statement is at:

http://igcaucus.org:9001/p/your_name_here

(As far as the igcaucus.org pad server is concerned, it's a statement
with the somewhat confusing name "your_name_here" - you're not actually
supposed to put your name there.)

The planned timeline is:

10amEST, Friday - Letter closed for edits, so Michael can proceed with
final clean up
12:00EST, Friday - we need this letter to be in a site (Jeremy?)
12:30EST, Friday opens for signatures in the website
Monday morning - deliver in DC (who will do this?)

Is there interest for the IGC to endorse this?

If by the time that the letter is finalized, there are several
expressions of support and no objections, I'll issue a formal consensus
call.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person