[governance] Does it matter which legal system ICANN operates under?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 09:59:09 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Riaz K Tayob <riaz.tayob at gmail.com> wrote:
. Of course one could argue
> like McTim that the US built it and the US owns it etc... but that is not
> argument, it is a legitimate argument for a vested interest that can be
> dealt with through reason - and from a democractic and global perspective
> does not pass my muster.

I'm offended by this post.

to save you the time of asking why, I will repeat KB's reply to you on
the same question.

You assume you know my politics. You ascribe opinions to me that are
not true. You assume you speak for billions of people.  Worst of all
you assume as an American citizen I automatically agree with US
policy. I am more than willing to engage in constructive debate on the
issues. Your post was not constructive. It was condescending.

In fact, I will go further.  You consistently misrepresent the
opinions of others on this list.

> by bilateral arrangements. It is a peculiar American liberal myth this view
> of voluntrism, which frankly I find objectionable. For me what flows from
> the approach/politics implicit in the framing of the question and flowing
> from it is a less well articulated variation on Milton's and McTim's
> internationalisation - despite the discussions, we have not had a response
> to our equally legitimate objections to what I see essentially as a
> pro-American or pro-Corporate (I have explained why) position implicit in
> these definitions of internationalisation.

right here, you've done it again.  I'd like the same apology you gave
to Kerry, retroactively to all posts in which you have mentioned my
politics or opinions.  I can't recall a single on in which you have
been even close to the mark.

You've had all the replies you need on this subject, yet you insist
you haven't had any.  Milton and I and many others feel that ICANN
needs no governmental or intergovernmental oversight. This is not a
pro-American or pro-corporate position.  I feel it is a pro-Internet
position.

--
Cheers,

McTim