[governance] Sen Feinstein open to hearings on surveillance program

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Mon Jun 10 13:01:04 EDT 2013

>But, she added, ³Here¹s the rub: the instances where this has produced
>good ‹ has disrupted plots, prevented terrorist attacks, is all
>classified, that¹s what¹s so hard about this.²

That is what needs to be at the centre of the conversation. Can the good
things that come out of this be done if there is better oversight? I think
they can. In any hearings that come out of this I'd like to hear why they
could not work with better oversight. So far I have not heard any
arguments that convince me that the same results could not be achieved if
there was better oversight. I am not necessarily against governments
getting this data but there has to be oversight to protect against abuses
and it needs to be publicly disclosed what data they are collecting and
how it is collected.

Kerry Brown