[governance] Our own worst enemies??

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 08:34:15 EDT 2013

I support the statement which is just about to be read in Geneva.

In the context of these revelations I find this
information<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22767096> disturbing
to say the least - a film clip from the BBC titled "Logging our lives with
wearable technology"
And Google provided me with an interesting thought this morning: Quote of
the Day - Emile
Zola<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/emile_zola.html> -
"If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to
live out loud."
I have the impression that the digital native lives "out loud" habitually.
I wonder if digital natives would experience the same sense of outrage and
betrayal that many of us are feeling.
Is this a generation divide, a shift in values, or a suitable case for
capacity building?
Deirdre

--
“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979