[governance] FORMAL CONSENSUS CALL Re: Revised Draft IGC Statement #DRM in HTML5

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Jun 10 04:55:15 EDT 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

FORMAL CONSENSUS CALL

We have had quite a few expressions of support for the text below
already, and no objections so far.

Please review the proposed statement text as posted by Deirdre and
included for reference below.

If you agree with the proposed statement or are indifferent about it,
there is no need to take action about it at the current stage.

If however you disagree with IGC adopting and publishing this
statement, it is now the final opportunity to object if you wish to
do so.

** Any objections should be posted by Wednesday June 12, 9am UTC. **

If no objections are received by that time, the proposed statement will
be deemed to have been adopted by consensus.

NOTE on potential further steps in the decision-making process: If there
are any objections, we will make a serious attempt to modify the
statement in a way that would make it acceptable to all Caucus members.
If that process of trying to reach full consensus fails, we will
proceed to the rough consensus process which involves determining
whether there is an overwhelming majority in support of the proposed
statement. As Sala has already mentioned, we would use an online poll
as our method of choice for determining whether there is an
overwhelming majority in support.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person