[governance] Revised Draft IGC Statement #DRM in HTML5

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Jun 5 13:15:40 EDT 2013

havent read this closely as I am travelling but I have to agree with McTim.
The sentiment is good but language is unfortunate.

instead of "kill innovation", maybe "create difficulties for innovation"
instead of "destroy interoperability", maybe "have a detrimental effect on
interoperability"
maybe drop human rights altogether and just refer to "serious difficulties
in the intellectual property area" (and perhaps elaborate on why a standard
could be used in a world of great confusion as regards patents,
patentability and copyright law to limit creativity and create unfortunate
precedents).

Ian