[bestbits] Re: [governance] Re: [IRPCoalition] IGF - and the corporatisation scandal

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sun Jul 28 16:18:12 EDT 2013

This document has never, to my knowledge, been made available to the
MAG. Other MAG members on these lists can confirm or provide contrary
information.

Nor has any other host country funding document or strategy - again to
my knowledge - been made available to previous MAGs.

The MAG's mandate is to develop the programme of the IGF. Broadening
this mandate was discussed during the WG IGF Improvements but that basic
mandate has not changed.

The Secretariat has when requested provided access to information about
its budget and the UN Trust Fund.

Personally I believe that more transparency around the host country
agreement is needed. That would be one mechanisms for preventing, early
on in the process, such abuse of the values and principles that we think
of as IGF organising principles.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692