[governance] Plan - B after IGF Cancelled

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 23:55:07 EDT 2013

I guess I'm missing something.

The Internet currently represents what, a $ trillion, $ 2 trillion ???
revenues not to speak of its role in creating a framework for total global
logistics, e-commerce, telecommunications, . surveillance,.in the global
economy now and infinitely more in the future and the "Internet community"
can't put together what is in fact a rounding error in that (the cost of a
good blow-out bash in any of the major companies living off that economy)
for the primary (?), only (?), multi-stakeholder forum dealing in a broader
way with "Internet Governance" issues.

Perhaps we should be discussing what this says about "Internet Governance"
and the role and significance of the IGF in that constellation rather than
figuring out how to pass the begging bowl around more efficiently.