[governance] IGF Cancelled

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Jul 25 23:31:57 EDT 2013

Thanks Ivar. I was going to send to the Internet governance caucus list.

Some of you probably had heard rumours of the possibility.

According to third party sources I asked, ie not the Indonesians, one major item that added to the cost is that the UN had apparently asked for US$900k to fly personnel and security equipment for the event.

When the group came, we discussed the possibility of not providing food at the event. We concluded that although it was done in Europe and Brazil, it would just not be right in Asia.

I had been looking forward to giving pointers about Bali as well as understanding the factors behind the dotcom boom in Indonesia. Alas, it is not to be.

Regards,
Peng Hwa