[governance] Maybe something good might come out of all of this

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Jul 22 16:49:51 EDT 2013

Interesting article on open source futures in response to PRISM et al

If we're at a point where no piece of commercial hardware or software can be trusted, then the only reasonable option is to rely on large communities of like-minded people to develop, extend, and inspect freely available code on a continuous basis. Essentially, we may need to open source everything.”

http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-center/the-coming-push-open-source-everything-223011?source=IFWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2013-07-22