[governance] FW: Brazil opens investigation into US spying

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Thu Jul 11 06:29:52 EDT 2013

The "problem" with these fruitless efforts is that they take away
valuable resources from resolving more relevant Internet governance
issues. In a way, they will not win the direct confrontation, but will
gain advantage of the "enemy" not being able to move forward faster --
and eventually giving up.

I was under the impression that this was an technique of the KGB (and
previous agencies) inspired tactics, but I now see it is apparently
spread worldwide :)

In any case, regulating the Internet has nothing to do with preventing
someone to spy on you. More regulation, more spying. This is how it works.

Daniel