[governance] Norbert's hat

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Jan 30 02:37:50 EST 2013

As the one co-co just retired, I also support that co-co could be same
as other IGC members in terms of making his or her opinion on the list.
However, and I assume it is our understanding, that co-cos are also
expected to help the IGC reach consensus on issues of importance.

So, in practice, there needs to be some good balance between the two,
and making distinction when s/he wares the co-co hat or not could
be a better practice (which I did not do in practice).

Which one to set as default is, I think, up to the co-co, but in any
case, please make it clear.

izumi

2013/1/29 Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com>:
> In message <51068D8B.3080501 at cafonso.ca>, at 12:39:07 on Mon, 28 Jan 2013,
> Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> writes
>
>> Seriously, I agree with Avri. Norbert (we have three of them here!), our
>> coord, is doing fine.
>

> I'm not suggesting the co-ords are doing anything wrong. It's the
> repetitious tagging I was tiring of.
>
> But I seem to be in the minority, so like the co-ords in their official role
> will accept the consensus view.
> --
> Roland Perry

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/