[governance] Wikipedia Article on the IGF Needs Updating [and Multistakeholder Model]

Charity Gamboa charityg at diplomacy.edu
Wed Jan 30 02:37:17 EST 2013

Dear IGC List members,

I did a lot of work on the IGF Wikipedia page but I have not updated it
since then.  I am not making a federal case as to what I did because it's
been more than 2 years. As far as I know I spend some quality time filling
up that page because that includes learning how to use/edit a wiki with the
headings and references. There was a lack of volunteers and one person
cannot do everything. Just to let you all know how the updates started - a
group of us from Diplo started on brainstorming on an email list. But
mostly what happened was the effort died down for a bit. After I arrived
from Sharm from the IGF, I added  some updates. After that I just got too
busy with work to be able to maintain the most recent updates. I had to do
a lot of grammar and typo corrections because before I started "sprucing it
up" there wasn't much in there.  I did write some info on it, too, and even
translated the wiki to Filipino. I believe some volunteers also translated
it into different languages.

I suggest that we start with a call of volunteers and have a specific list
dedicated to updating that continually. I am not sure if anyone had taken
the reigns for it but whoever can, then go for it. I just took the role
before because pretty much it was on my lap and I just went ahead. So if
everyone feels the info needs to be changed please go ahead and change. If
you have anything to add or edit and you don't want to go through the
hassles of editing straight from the wiki, you can send the info to me and
I will just  directly edit the wiki. You may also volunteer pictures you
took. I don't have a lot of time to write from scratch because of my my day
job that requires a lot of my attention but if you got something for me to
just directly add in the wiki, I can go ahead and add it for you. I would
appreciate that.

I do not check this email all the time but if you got something for me, you
can send it via email  directly in this address: *charity.g.embley at ttu.edu*

Thanks!

Charity Gamboa-Embley
Texas Tech University