[governance] News on Enhanced Cooperation WG

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Jan 29 17:57:57 EST 2013

Newly posted on http://unctad.org/en/Pages/CSTD.aspx :

"""
The Chairman of the UN Commission on Science and Technology for
Development (CSTD), Mr. Miguel Palomino de la Gala, invites members of
the CSTD to provide feedback on the establishment of a Working Group on
Enhanced Cooperation to examine the mandate of the World Summit on the
Information Society regarding enhanced cooperation as contained in the
Tunis Agenda.

Download:
- UN General Assembly resolution 67/195
- Note: Composition of the Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Dear members of the CSTD,

The General Assembly, at its 67th session, adopted resolution 67/195.
This resolution invited me, as the Chair of the CSTD, to establish a
working group on enhanced cooperation to examine the mandate of the
World Summit on the Information Society regarding enhanced cooperation
as contained in the Tunis Agenda.

In this connection, I would like to share with you the attached note
that I prepared on the composition of this working group, drawing on
the experiences of the CSTD Working Group on Improvements to the
Internet Governance Forum.

It would be very much appreciated, if you could you provide me with
your feedback before 8 February 2013. Please address your replies to
the following address: crossi at onuperu.org with a copy to the UNCTAD
secretariat at stdev at unctad.org and anne.miroux at unctad.org.

On this basis, I will share with you the group composition of the
Working Group. My intention is to do so by 15 February. I will also
communicate to you the calendar for the next steps (including as
regards group representative nominations, final composition, etc.)

I thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Miguel Palomino de la Gala
Chairman, the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development
"""