[governance] Towards an IGC Statement on RFC 6852 "Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards"

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:47:49 EST 2013

That's great McTim, glad to hear it, but perhaps you could point me to where
I've gone wrong in my reading of the text... (and also an explanation of how
assessment in terms of "the public interest" is "epiphenomal" and "market"
assessment is not...

I'll take your word (difficult though it may be given what we now know about
the process of "approval process" of this document within the IETF) that
"collaboration is the hallmark of the RFC series" but it is curious that
they would make specific reference to one and not at least equal reference
to the other...

Tks,