[governance] Towards an IGC Statement on RFC 6852 "Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards"

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:59:05 EST 2013

No, if you look at the email where I provided my comments (attached) I
acknowledged and agreed with these...

As I said, I generally agree with the statements made but since this is
meant to be a statement of "core values and principles" it is equally
important to note what isn't included--a commitment to inclusiveness, a
commitment to collaboration as well as competition, a commitment to the
public interest beyond the interests of the market!

This is a shameful and shamefully partisan and narrow document and should be
disavowed by any right thinking individual or group with a commitment to the
future of the Internet as a basis for the well-being of humanity.