[governance] Towards an IGC Statement on RFC 6852 "Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards"

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Jan 28 12:05:33 EST 2013

michael gurstein [28/01/13 08:55 -0800]:
>Russ Housley, the Chair of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) at the
>IETF 84 Administrative Plenary in Vancouver, when introducing RFC 6852
>described them as representing "our core values and our principles. We will

To be fair, standards development organizations do have a substantial cross
section of civil society membership.

The IETF for example is an organized activity of ISOC.

Independent technical experts (who are also civil society, though some NGO
members tend to discount that) are quite active in IETF, and as members of
the IEEE more often than not.

So - what was that again about not seeking out civil society partnership?