[governance] Norbert's hat

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Jan 28 07:09:01 EST 2013

In message <20130128124418.2efb1a52 at quill.bollow.ch>, at 12:44:18 on
Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> writes
>In any case I'd like the default to be that if something is not
>explicitly marked as being part of the Coordinator role, I'd like it
>to be taken as not more than a personal opinion that (beyond what
>whatever arguments I may have presented to support it) does not
>claim to have any more weight than the opinion of any other member of
>the Caucus.

I'd prefer it if the understanding was that the co-ordinators abstained
from any policy debate during their tenure. Just like the recent appeals
committee refrained from discussing the matter under review on the
public list, even with a "hat-off" disclaimer.

In other words, parking one's personal views for the duration goes with
the territory.
--
Roland Perry