[governance] Fwd: Unlocking Your Phone Is Illegal Starting Tomorrow

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Jan 28 00:22:03 EST 2013

I agree they are both different.  Jailbreaking to install additional apps / a third party firmware image is entirely different from unlocking from your carrier's SIM to get out of a contract.

I need some coffee - it was wrong to use the term jailbreaking for this particular activity beign discussed in the thread.

--srs (iPad)