[governance] Towards an IGC Statement on RFC 6852 "Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards"

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sun Jan 27 14:53:19 EST 2013

Re: we do have a few days in which to submit a statement for the IGF
open consultation and to (hopefully) support CS MAG members in their
discussions.

What is the plan/who is drafting that statement? Did I hear Adam volunteer? ; )

Re an IGC standards statement, I will pitch in to a (2nd) draft, especially since as noted I have my own motivations and uses for a coherent IGC statement. As to who is the fairest of them all/most open and transparent standards org; traditionally IETF would be first by a mile or several kilometers. But it isn't really a beauty context and as the statement itself notes there are various aspects to be considered.

thanks,

Lee