[governance] RFC 6852: Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jan 26 11:49:30 EST 2013

On 26 Jan 2013, at 09:12, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6852.txt
>
> (It is the OpenStand declaration, republished as a RFC. Key words:
> standards, IETF, ITU, IEEE, W3C...)

It is a good document.

At end thee is a call:

"
4.  Call for Endorsement

   We invite other standards organizations, governments, corporations
   and technology innovators globally to support these principles.  You
   can publicly show your support at <http://www.open-stand.org>.

"

While the IGC is not among the : " standards organizations, governments, corporations
   and technology innovators"
and while it is unfortunate that they neglected to call for support from civil society (a blind spot which I beleive often gets in way of getting civil society support and cooperation)

Perhaps we should discuss supporting, or at least finding, a broad IGC consensus on this document.

avri