[governance] "US Exceptionalism" (was Re: Bloomberg - The Overzealous Prosecution...)

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jan 24 13:50:09 EST 2013

On 24 Jan 2013, at 09:03, Koven Ronald wrote:

> it is standard that the first time an organization is mentioned in an article its acronym is spelled out.

A postion I totally agree with, even if at times I disagree.

My problem is, knowing where the barrier is.  Was I trying to be cute translating Unite States (US)?  Perhaps.

what about International Telecommunication Union (ITU) - less  ITU-R?
Telecom Information Exchange Services (TIES)?  BTW< is that enough to explain it, or should I also ention that it is the ITU Email etc system.

My other problem is the attack one gets when they forget to do first use explanation.  Or when they don't realize that ICANN, ITU, or ISOC-NY is not understood by everyone.

So yeah, I think it is a subject that is well treated with a little light-handedness.

avri