[governance] Yet another new -strategy - thread title: It may be broke - politically - but how to fix it, technopolitically? ; )

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jan 24 06:41:37 EST 2013

On 24-Jan-2013, at 16:44, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>
>> Come to think of it, the phrase used was "involuntary poverty".
>> Which does exist in that people can suddenly become poor due to no
>> fault of theirs (economic recession, layoffs ...)
>
> or being born in a "developing country" to any but the few very
> privileged families.

Not many of those would come under the heading of internet governance.  Sociology, sure.  And development work that's engaged in by a wide variety of NGOs, sure.

>> But I fail to see where that has a bearing on this
>> issue, or where it suddenly becomes "politically sensitive".
>
> Are there better ways to express what I had in mind?

Not really. While I disagree with the contention that this needs to be part of this list's mandate, I see nothing politically sensitive or rating vehement objections about your statement.

--srs