[governance] Yet another new -strategy - thread title: It may be broke - politically - but how to fix it, technopolitically? ; )

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jan 24 00:50:55 EST 2013

Come to think of it, the phrase used was "involuntary poverty".   Which does exist in that people can suddenly become poor due to no fault of theirs (economic recession, layoffs ...)

Voluntary poverty might actually exist - as in cases where you become a monk and decide to cast away all your worldly goods and attachments.   But I fail to see where that has a bearing on this  issue, or where it suddenly becomes "politically sensitive".

--srs (iPad)