[governance] Yet another Google article

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Jan 23 23:24:12 EST 2013

You mistake me.  The situation is that legally compliant warrants in the USA - and even more so in other countries (such as India) are structured to be extremely easy to issue, and broad in what they can demand.

At least the USA follows some amount of process - even that is quite vaguely defined in India, with stiffer penalties for non compliance with a warrant.  I need hardly point out that China has an even worse situation, and a much broader range of issues (political dissidence etc) that they will issue warrants for.

Google is working to raise the bar on legal compliance, make it more specific and better defined.

--srs (iPad)