[governance] Yet another new -strategy - thread title: It may be broke - politically - but how to fix it, technopolitically? ; )

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Jan 23 11:25:02 EST 2013

Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> wrote:

> Instead, I am suggesting IGC should focus for 2013 on - what if any
> new institutions, processes, and/or principles are needed for a
> future Internet, to benefit global civil society.  (I don't claim
> novelty, am just advocating a strategic focus for IGC in 2013-201x)

Well said.

What are the goals that we would want to pursue by means of such new
institutions, processes, and/or principles?

From my perspective, I'm inclined to suggest that the key goal should
be to solve the problems of eradicating involuntary poverty and
sufficiently limiting greenhouse gas emissions.

In any strategy for achieving this goal, the Internet will play key
roles. We need to build an understanding of what is needed for the
Internet to be able to make these key contributions effectively.

Greetings,
Norbert