[governance] Re: Coordinator election results

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Jan 22 02:41:29 EST 2013

On 19/01/13 08:42, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> The elections for the next co-coordinator of the IGC have just closed.
>  As this year's returning officer I am pleased to present the results.
>
> There were 129 people who commenced the survey.  One of them
> self-identified as not being a member of the Internet Governance
> Caucus, and one of them bailed out when asked that question.  This
> leaves 127 people who self-identified.  Of those, six people claimed
> that they had already voted in this year's election, so they were not
> offered the opportunity to vote again.  Of the remaining 121, 106 took
> that opportunity.

A slight correction to this.  Of the 129 people above, four of them were
voters who bailed out and then returned to the poll a second time (one
of these was the person who bailed out on the self-identification
question).  Therefore there were actually only 125 unique voters, not
129, and 124 of them self-identified as IGC members.

I have updated the permanent record of the election on the IGC website
accordingly
(http://igcaucus.org/2012-2014-co-ordinator-election-results).  Thanks
to Norbert for helping to find the discrepancy.  There is no change to
the figures of those who voted for Norbert and Imran, and therefore the
election result doesn't change.

As to whether those who voted informally are to be counted as voting
members this year, Norbert and Sala have made a decision on this and
will be announcing it on the list shortly, if they haven't done so already.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational