[governance] Yet another new -strategy - thread title: It may be broke - politically - but how to fix it, technopolitically? ; )

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jan 21 18:39:28 EST 2013

hi,

I think we often/alwasy have conversations of the type:

>  what if any new institutions, processes, and/or principles are needed for a future Internet, to benefit global civil society.  (I don't claim novelty, am just advocating a strategic focus for IGC in 2013-201x)

I just think they quickly branch off into more specific topics.

In any case I noticed that you neither mentioned the IGF, unless it was under the rather unflattering of "UNDESA committee is in nascent/not yet adequate stages" metaphor.

In any case do you not think the IGF has a role in your search.

Also the CSTD has been given/taken on the task of Enhanced Cooperation.  You did not mention them either.  I think this is an important topic for the IGC.  Do you see no role for the CSTD within your thread?

Also, I was really trying to talk about the intricate and abiding link between technology and policy using a specific example - as happens on IGC, it then took off toward the specific topic.

avri