[governance] today's Wash Post editorial

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:55:18 EST 2013

"The United States has maintained that Internet governance should
rest, as it does now, with a loose group of organizations, including
the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, which manages
domain names and addresses under contract with the U.S. Commerce
Department. There are suspicions aplenty in the rest of the world that
this is the equivalent of U.S. control — suspicions that should not be
ignored. While the Internet cannot fall into the hands of those who
would censor and restrict it, the United States should put more effort
into remaking the current model so that it can serve what has become a
global infrastructure."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/keeping-the-internet-free/2013/01/20/48c7fdb8-4fa1-11e2-8b49-64675006147f_story.html

--
Cheers,