techno-politics was Re: [governance] Bloomberg - The Overzealous

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Jan 21 10:52:38 EST 2013

On 21-Jan-2013, at 21:15, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> ICANN has a say in how any root server (other than "L") is operated? This will be news to the root server operators and they'll no doubt enjoy your assertion.

This is starting to get interesting.  I fully expect civil society actiors that only have an outside view of these processes, and / or wrong information coupled with ideological opinion (such as the "single rooters" comment) to fall into such errors, but Karl, I'm for sure missing something when you say icann was opposing anycast, and it got implemented despite them.