[governance] Appeals Team - Call for Comments and Interim Findings

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Jan 20 08:11:10 EST 2013

William Drake [20/01/13 13:58 +0100]:
>Going forward, your disappointment is 'exceptionally' likely.  Going
>backward would be work better; in particular, check out the discussions
>from 2003 − 2005 http://lists.igcaucus.org/arc/governance.

Are they materially different from the discussions that were prevalent
around say the first IGF? We have most of the same actors, with viewpoints
that haven't materially changed - and outside our community, the actual
threats we face are fast evolving. So, while it remains important for me to
rebut some things here, the actual threats we face, and the work that gets
done to address them, seems to be getting done elsewhere.

Here, meanwhile, we have a rhetorical tale full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing much at all.