[governance] Message to IGC Re: Coordinator election results

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 05:43:48 EST 2013

Dear All,

I would like to thank both candidates for being willing to stand in the IGC
elections for Coordinator. Thank you Imran Ahmed Shah and Norbert Bollow.
It takes courage and strength to put yourself out there and stand and we in
turn are grateful. Thank you for standing!

I would also like to thank the voter turnout this year and it was really
good to see people participating. Thank you for taking the time to vote.

Special thanks goes out to Jeremy Malcolm who has continued to serve as
Technical Administrator for the IGC and for creating the Polls. Thank you
Jeremy for your energy, commitment and diligence.

Special thanks goes out to Izumi Aizu for his incredible commitment,
diligence and for the service rendered to the IGC as Coordinator. Thank you
very much.

The election of a new coordinator represents a new season in the IGC and it
means fresh insight, energy for the IGC and is an exciting time. As such,
it is with great pleasure that I formally welcome Norbert Bollow into his
role as Coordinator.

With every best wish,
Sala

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> The elections for the next co-coordinator of the IGC have just closed.  As
> this year's returning officer I am pleased to present the results.
>
> There were 129 people who commenced the survey.  One of them
> self-identified as not being a member of the Internet Governance Caucus,
> and one of them bailed out when asked that question.  This leaves 127
> people who self-identified.  Of those, six people claimed that they had
> already voted in this year's election, so they were not offered the
> opportunity to vote again.  Of the remaining 121, 106 took that opportunity.
>
> Both candidates polled well.  In the end, Imran Ahmed Shah came second
> with 45 votes in his favour.  Norbert Bollow came first with 61 votes.
>
> Congratulations Norbert, our new co-coordinator - and thanks to you too
> Imran.  I will post the full details to our website as soon as I get an
> opportunity, and with Sala and Izumi's position will brief Norbert on the
> technical aspects of his new role.  I will also update the list of voters
> on our website, and will consult with Sala about that.
>
> If anyone has any questions in the meantime, please let me know.
>
> --
>
> *Dr Jeremy Malcolm
> Senior Policy Officer
> Consumers International | the global campaigning voice for consumers*
> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
> Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
>
> *Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015:*
> http://consint.info/RightsMission
>
> @Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
> www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
>
> Read our email confidentiality notice<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>.
> Don't print this email unless necessary.

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862
Suva