[governance] Appeals Team - Call for Comments and Interim Findings

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Jan 20 00:09:07 EST 2013

On Sunday 20 January 2013 09:58 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Unfortunately Parminder, the point you are making, however sophistically presented, is moot.
>
> In case you missed avri's point .. 4 people appeal and it is referred to an appeals committee, which, I sincerely hope, tends to consider the issue from a broader perspective than merely nitpicking on the bylaws of the IGC.
And perhaps you have missed the point that I have asked for nothing more
from the appeals team - other than to take a fuller/ broader perspective
with regard to the coordinator's decision to remove a member from the
list, and not just go by technicalities (which are independently quite
important)...

> Like, on the subject of the MAG, we have here, in my personal opinion, as pragmatic a solution as could be found in the short time possible..

Which would make it rather strange that you expressly supported Avri's
assertion calling the setting up of the present nomcom process as an
'abuse of process' and seconded her appeal for review of the decision.

parminder