[governance] dates of coordinators votes (was Re: Notice to the IGC...)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Jan 18 11:04:18 EST 2013

Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> > 2. Under "Selection of Coordinators", regarding when elections are
> > held, change "by midsummer (the summer solstice) to "by the end of
> > that calendar year".  Also in "If events prevent an election by
> > midsummer, it will be held as soon after midsummer as possible,"
> > change the word "midsummer" to "then" in both places.
>
> I think this has three so far (me, Parminder and Izumi), so would
> need seven more if we are to put it to the vote with the other one.
> Norbert spoke against, already, and Imran supported a slightly
> different wording.

Actually the one that spoke against is a different proposal that
contained the words "within 15 months of the previous election".

I think that this one is better.

I'd like to request a clarification though: How does this affect the
terms of office of the coordinators who are serving at the time when
the charter is changed?

Greetings,
Norbert