[governance] Appeals Team - Call for Comments and Interim Findings

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jan 17 18:25:21 EST 2013

In accordance with the IGC Charter, the Appeals team is now requesting comments from the IGC membership as regards the appeal against the removal from the IGC list of Suresh Ramasubramanian. Comments should be sent to appealsteam at lists.igcaucus.org

In doing so, we announce that our interim finding is that Suresh’s removal from the IGC list was not in accordance with the IGC Charter. The Charter offers a specific set of procedures which must be followed before such removal takes place. In this case, the previous private and public warnings given to Suresh needed to be followed by a one month suspension, not removal from the list. As Suresh has not previously served a one month suspension, we have no option but to find the appeal is upheld. Therefore we intend to recommend that, when we publish our final findings, as soon as possible after the public comments period ends 48 hours after this posting, Suresh should be reinstated to the list.

We do suggest that, should you wish to comment, you first acquaint yourself with the very specific provisions outlined in the IGC charter, which can be found at http://www.igcaucus.org/charter. It is those provisions, and whether they have been followed or not, that must determine whether the appeal should be upheld, not our personal opinions on the decision made by our elected co-ordinator.

Please comment within 48 hours. After the comments period has ended, we will post our findings with appropriate recommendations.

The Appeals Team

Shaila Mistry, Ginger Paque, Roland Perry , Ian Peter and Deidre Williams.