[governance] Scoping the Work of the current MAG NomCom - was... Preliminary List of Nominees for the 2013 MAG - REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

Valeria Betancourt valeriab at apc.org
Tue Jan 15 12:53:04 EST 2013

Absolutely!!  I only saw Bill's clarification after sending my message

A shorter list with new names is a very straight forward and strategic
step. Wishing the NomCom all the best for this endeavor.

Best,

Valeria

On 15/01/2013, at 12:45, Thomas Lowenhaupt wrote:

> Valeria,
>
> You said:
> Dear Thomas,
>
> Just a brief note to inform you (and the rest of NomCom members)
> that I do not see my name included in the list. I have expressed my
> interest to continue serving in the MAG in 2013.
>
> Please find attached the nomination template.
>
> Best,
> Valeria Betancourt
> Thank you for that question as it was one we had during the last MAG
> NomCom.
>
> I do believe some clarity was recently added to the situation by
> Bill Drake - see below.
>
> I'd say the NomCom's responsibility is to provide a set of names to
> IGF that they may use should they desire to rotate out existing
> members. As you are a current MAG members, you need not be concerned
> about the current NomCom activities.
>
> I hope this answers you question satisfactorily.
>
> Best,
>
> Tom Lowenhaupt

Valeria Betancourt
Directora / Manager
Programa de Políticas de Information y Comunicación / Communication
and Information Policy Programme
Asociación para el Progreso de las Comunicaciones / Association for
Progressive Communications, APC
http://www.apc.org