[governance] Notice to the IGC on Proposed Charter Amendments

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Jan 14 02:30:43 EST 2013

On 14/01/13 15:26, parminder wrote:
> If the charter says 'within 15 months', there would almost always be a
> tendency towards delaying and the election would go to the 15th month,
> and I am not sure this is the best thing to do.
>
> I think we should simply change "by midsummer (the summer solstice)"
> to "by midwinter (the winter solstice in the Northern hemisphere) "
>
> or better still to avoid any valorisation of the North over South :), to
>
> "by the December solstice"

In that case (because what are we, druids?) we could just say "by the
end of the calendar year".  That would be even simpler.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational