[governance] Coordinator election in progress

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jan 9 08:03:57 EST 2013

Hi,

This is why I have been requesting a NOTA, None of the Above, option.

That is a vote.

As I read the charter one has to participate in the voting event.  One should not be forced to pick a candidate they may not support.  We should probably even have the option of writing someone in.

Abstain, to my mind is also a vote.

It is not really appropriate that you have substituted your opinion, or that of Australia,  for a discussion and agreement among the members.

avri