[governance] Toward Reducing the Greenhouse Gas Emissions of the Internet and Telecommunications

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 16:25:21 EST 2013

Yes, and thanks to everyone (even Riaz with his tongure firmly in his
cheek...

This subject seems to me to be an ideal one for the IGF where some quite
positive contributions could be made by including the range of stakeholders
and including folks from the various policy worlds who may not have, as yet,
been included in this most urgent conversation. A good place for the private
sector to showcase it's responsible actions and a useful way to get some
environment researchers in touch with folks on the ICT policy shop floor so
that environmental concerns become one of the issue areas to be addressed
when ICT policy issues are being discussed.