[governance] The US Department of Justice and USPTO call for compulsory licenses on thousands of "standards-essential" patents

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Feb 27 11:04:23 EST 2013

Jamie Love [27/02/13 17:10 +0200]:
>On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
><suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>> Any such standard developed with US Gov funding is now required to be public domain - which is all for the good.
>
>    Can you provide some citation for this?

I am not sure this white house announcement also extends to patents, it
only references paper publications, but ..

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/22/expanding-public-access-results-federally-funded-research

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ostp_public_access_memo_2013.pdf