[governance] ¿Quienes votaron?

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Feb 17 12:44:18 EST 2013

Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2013, at 12:16, José Félix Arias Ynche wrote:
>
> > Se necesita una depuracion...
>

> I still believe that the voting list being pruned to the voters of
> the last election who had affirmed that they subscribe to the IGC
> charter, is a pretty serious purging.
>
> How many organizations require a yearly affirmation such as that?

I don't know of any other examples.

It's a necessary kind of rule though in the context of the kind of
really high quorum that we just rediscovered than we have.

It would be very reasonable IMO to propose a charter amendment which
replaces the 2/3 quorum with a 2/3 qualified majority of those
answering the question for any particular charter amendment proposal,
AND at the same time also removes the special category of "members for
purposes of amending the charter" (i.e. charter amendment polls would
be just like other votes in that each person who has been
subscribed to the list for at least two months is given a voter
account, and people affirm themselves to be caucus members as part of
the process of participating in the poll.

Greetings,
Norbert