[governance] Civil Society (was Re: caucus contribution, consultation and MAG meeting)

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Feb 16 09:24:22 EST 2013

In message <511F901A.3010301 at itforchange.net>, at 19:26:42 on Sat, 16
Feb 2013, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes

>> So some opposing views (within civil society, because both stalker
>>and  stalked are ordinary citizens and therefore members of civil
>>society)  have not yet been resolved.
>
>I am not sure if I understand you when you say stalkers are civil
>society.

Stalkers would no doubt align themselves with that part of civil society
which values anonymity and free speech (which are both good when used
for the good, but can also be used for the bad).

Most stalkers are ex-partners and other members of the public with a
grudge; not "private sector", or "government", or "trade associations",
or "academia" nor any other recognised 'stakeholder group', and can
therefore only be members of "civil society".

(Or are they allowed to be outside of such discussions, as a
non-stakeholder?)

As you didn't mention them, can I assume you agree that the victims are
members of Civil Society?
--
Roland Perry