[governance] Communication Challenges [Brainstorming]

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:31:47 EST 2013

Dear Everyone,
A good deal of the recent discussion on the list has been concerned in some
way with human rights.
One of the basic of those rights, and surely a very significant one in the
online world, is the right to the freedom to express oneself in one's own
language. The awkward phrase is deliberate - this is also a freedom of
expression issue.
One of the tasks of Internet Governance is to protect this right as well as
to negotiate appropriate means by which all of these diverse voices can be
brought to understand one another.
And one of the first requirements for that understanding is respect for
other languages, willingness to try.
Deirdre

On 15 February 2013 07:27, Imran Ahmed Shah <ias_pk at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Dear Norbert, ******
> Please do not take it personally, your advise for the establishment of
> separate linguistic groups is not being referred only for the French but
> for all other languages to which the belongs member of the IGC. When we say
> a suitable balanced community representation, that also mean that the
> linguistic diversity is inclusively covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Imran****
>

>    *From:* Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch>

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979