[governance] caucus contribution -> FINAL UPDATE

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Feb 15 05:04:23 EST 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Dear all

Here's my final official update on our caucus contribution.

Since no objections have been made to any of the proposed resolutions
that were the outcome of the consensus process (as listed in the email
titled "caucus contribution -> LIST OF PROPOSED CHANGES") the
resulting text has been adopted by consensus as a caucus statement,
and I've sent it to IGF Secretariat late yesterday evening.

My sincere thanks to all who participated in this process, contributing
to what I think is a very worthwhile result.

The statement is now also online on igcaucus.org for reference.

One lesson learned is definitely that next time we develop a statement
for which there is a fixed deadline, if we want to use a similar kind
of process, we should move from informal editing to the formal
consensus process way earlier, allowing significantly more time for
the consensus process. Also there should be more prominent
announcements of the timeline for that process well in advance.

Greetings,
Norbert